Who We Are
This committee’s mission is to address the rapidly advancing development of e-discovery and information governance law and practice by:
- analyzing and reporting on major statutory and rulemaking initiatives and decisional authority in the field that impact Florida practitioners; and
- raising awareness and providing resources to help lawyers and judges obtain up-to-date and comprehensive information about e-discovery and information governance.
- JOIN OUR COMMITTEE LISTSERV
News & Recent Events
- The E-Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee has put together a “lunch and learn” Continuing Judicial Education program for county and circuit court judges on e-discovery and digital evidence issues in the courtroom. The presentation touches on issues such as the collection of data from cell phones and mobile devices, spoliation, database operations and reporting and social media. Members of our committee taught this course in Broward County, Palm Beach County and Hillsborough County. If anyone is interested in having the committee provide a similar CJE session to their local judiciary, please contact David Hazouri.
Ongoing Projects & Initiatives
- Articles Authored By EDDE Committee Members For The Florida Practice Resource Institute (“PRI”)
- How to Manage a Large Scale Human Document Review, by Suzanne Clark and Parke McManis (September 22, 2016)
- Party Negotiated Preservation Orders: An Avenue for Cooperation and Resolution of Cases on the Merits, by Suzanne H. Clark, Esq. (July 26, 2016)
- Additional Articles
- Case Updates